This is the best vegan pumpkin pie ever and the only recipe you'll ever need! It's rich, creamy, delicious spiced and perfect for the season.
- 145g all-purpose flour (you could try a gluten-free alternative such as Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-free Flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 55g Tree of Life Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp ice water
- 2 pumpkins peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks (around 1.2kg prepared weight)
- 600ml Tree of Life Organic Oat Drink
- flavourless vegetable oil or sunflower oil, for tossing
- 100ml maple syrup
- 200g light brown soft sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, for dusting
For the crust:
You’ll need a 23cm/9inch pie dish or flan tinFor the filling:
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the pumpkin chunks onto a roasting tray, drizzle with oil and roast until soft enough to squash with the back of a fork (between 40mins-1hr). Set aside to cool.
- To make the pie crust, add the flour, sugar and salt to a food processor and combine. Add the solid coconut oil and pulse again until the mixture is crumbly, then add the ice water and pulse until it forms a dough.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a circle, slightly wider than your pie dish. Prepare your pie dish using a non-stick spray or some melted coconut oil and then roll up the crust on your rolling pin and then transfer to your dish.
- Use a scrap of extra pasty to gently push into the corners of the tin. Trim the pastry, leaving around 1cm hanging over the edge of the tin. Then place your pie crust into the fridge whilst you prepare the filling.
- Add the cooled roasted pumpkin, maple syrup, sugar, salt, spices, cornflour and Oat Milk into a food processor and blitz until smooth. Sieve into a saucepan and heat for 5 minutes, stirring continuously until thickened.
- Fill the pastry with the filling and bake for 60 minutes at 180c/160c fan /gas 4. Cool for 20-25 mins. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm or chill and serve within 2 days.