Vegan Irish Soda Bread in honour of #stpatricksday! This dairy-free version of the classic quick bread uses a vegan ‘buttermilk’ created by combining our Apple Cider Vinegar and Oat Milk and it’s so simple and easy to make, no kneading or proving required.
It tastes delicious simply spread with vegan butter, makes a great side for a hearty Irish stew or soup or why not try it toasted and topped with avocado or hummus!
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c, fan 180°c / Gas Mark 6, and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the oat milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl or jug and leave to one side to curdle.
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, bicarbonate of soda, and salt.
- Pour the prepared ‘buttermilk’ into the mixing bowl and stir to create a slightly sticky dough
- Place the dough onto the tray and mould into a rough ball shape with floured hands, flatten into a domed circle and then make a deep cross with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, then allow to cool on a wire rack.