Combine two classic recipe favourites: cauliflower cheese and pasta bake in this hearty vegan dinner that the whole family will love.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Chop off the cauliflower florets, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper and then spread out in a single layer onto a baking tray. Roast on the top shelf of the oven until golden and tender (15-20 mins). Turning halfway through.
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, drain and put back into the pan. Drizzle with a little oil and stir through to stop it sticking together.
- Put the panko breadcrumbs into a medium bowl and add a dash of olive oil along with salt and pepper and set to one side.
- For the cheese sauce, melt the dairy-free butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Cook gently for 2 minutes, then add the Oat Drink a little at time, stirring continuously to get rid of any lumps. Once all the Oat Drink is added, cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes until thick and glossy. Remove from the heat and stir through the dairy-free cheese and cream then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the roasted cauliflower, sauce and pasta to an oven proof dish and mix. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes
- Once baked, sprinkle over the yeast flakes and serve.