You won't believe that these chocolate cupcakes are made without any dairy, they’re so rich and moist. Top them with a vegan chocolate ganache frosting for a completely decadent treat!
Original recipe by Supergolden Bakes, @supergolden88
- 220g gluten-free all-purpose baking flour (we love Bob’s Red Mill)
- 160g sugar
- 30g Tree of Life Organic Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 210 ml Tree of Life Organic Oat Drink
- 1 tbsp Tree of Life Apple Cider Vinegar
- 80 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Method, to make the cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a cupcake tin with 12 cases.
- Add the liquid ingredients (oat drink, apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil and vanilla extract) to a large bowl and whisk by hand until combined. Sieve in the flour and cacao powder and then add the rest of the dry ingredients (sugar, bicarbonate of soda and salt). Whisk until everything is well blended, you should have a glossy looking batter.
- Divide the batter among the cases, filling 2/3 of the way. Bake for around 15 minutes or until well risen. Set aside to cool before frosting.
- Roughly chop the vegan chocolate and put it into a mixing bowl. Heat the coconut cream gently in a saucepan until small bubbles appear, pour the hot coconut cream over the chocolate and leave it to stand for 3-4 minutes.
- Use a hand whisk to gently stir the chocolate and coconut cream, starting from the middle and slowly increasing the movement outwards. Stir in the non-dairy spread and agave syrup (if using) until combined and then pop into the fridge to cool.
- Once cooled, use a fork to mix up the hardened ganache and if necessary, add in a little of the warmed Oat Drink to loosen before using a hand mixer to slowly whip the mixture until it’s fluffy and holds peaks.
- Scoop the ganache into a piping bag and pipe over your cupcakes. Then you can add any toppings, we chose fresh blueberries, but you could use other berries, grated chocolate or sprinkles.