A delicious gluten-free & plant-based pizza crust made with courgettes, oat flour and ground almonds. This easy recipe is gluten-free, paleo-friendly, dairy-free and we’ve topped it with our Vegan Basil Pesto, tomatoes, olives and red onion, but you can use your favourite toppings!
For the toppings
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6 and line a pizza or baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Briefly steam the courgette for 2-3 minutes or until tender. While the courgettes are steaming, add the chia seeds and water to a large bowl, mix to combine and set to one side.
- Drain the courgette well, add to the chia seeds bowl along with the tahini and lemon juice, stir to combine. Add the oat flour, ground almonds, garlic powder, dried basil, oregano and Himalayan sea salt and stir again to combine. The dough should be thick but spreadable.
- Spread into a circle on the non-stick baking paper using a spatula, aim for a crust around 1cm deep. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and spoon on pesto, arrange the sliced tomatoes, olives and red onion.
- Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes until the veggies are lightly brown and softened. Serve with a sprinkling of yeast flakes.